6. Sugar is Worse Than Nothing.
Scientists found that dogs lived longer on water alone than they did on a solution of water and sugar.
5. The recommended amount of sugar for women is 6 teaspoons.
Our national average is 22
4. In 1987 a study showed sugar acted as an analgesic drug whose effects could be blocked by a morphine blocker.
3. Sugar is effective in wound cleaning.
In 2013, this dude, Murandu & his fellow science buddies, found clinically that sugar is an antibiotic, and pouring granulated sugar on necrotic wounds can help ulcers heal faster.
2. Sugar deactivates your body’s natural antioxidant enzymes, leaving you more vulnerable to sun damage.
How? Well you can blame a natural process that’s known as glycation, in which the sugar in your bloodstream attaches to proteins to form harmful new molecules called advanced glycation end products (or, appropriately, AGEs for short – cute, huh?).
1. Sugar is actually kind of like heroin.
I know this might be repetitive but you can become (and probably already are) addicted to sugar but not just in the ‘OMG I’m like totally addicted to this stuff’ kind of way. Some scientists actually liken the addiction to that of a heroin addict because there is a distinct withdraw period. Researchers say that sugar and the taste of sweet is said to stimulate the brain by activating beta endorphin receptor sites, the same chemicals activated in the brain by the ingestion of heroin and morphine.Bibliography: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21257751/#.UnHR_M3h5IN http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4543/14-MindBlowing-Facts-About-Sugar-Infographic.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_addiction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304682504579157951188800872